OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
UNI Data Inc. is committed to respecting your privacy. This privacy document expresses our commitment to keeping you informed of our policies in regards to your personal information and how it is or isn’t used.
NOW THEREFORE THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSES that in consideration of the premises and the covenants and agreements herein contained the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Client shall at its discretion provide such of the Information to UNI Data Inc., as is required for the servicing of the Client’s IT needs, verbally or in writing. Nothing in this Agreement obligates the Client to make any particular disclosure of information.
2. All right, title and interest in and to the information shall remain the exclusive property of the Client and the information shall be held in trust and confidence by UNI Data Inc. No interest, licence or any right respecting the information, other than expressly set out herein, is granted to UNI Data Inc. under this Agreement by implication or otherwise.
3. UNI Data Inc. shall use all reasonable efforts to protect the Client’s interest in the information and keep it confidential, using a standard of care no less than the degree of care that UNI Data Inc. would be reasonably expect to employ for his own similar confidential information. In particular UNI Data Inc. shall not directly or indirectly disclose, allow access to, transmit or transfer the information to a third party without the Client’s prior consent. UNI Data Inc. shall disclose the information only to those persons who have a need to know the information for the purpose and who have been approved by the Client to receive the information. UNI Data Inc. shall, prior to disclosing the information to such employees and consultants, issue appropriate instructions to them to satisfy its obligations herein.
4. The information shall not be copied, reproduced in any form or stored in a retrieval system or data base by UNI Data Inc., except for such copies and storage as may reasonably required by UNI Data Inc. for servicing the Client’s IT needs.
5. The obligations of UNI Data Inc. under paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 shall not apply to information:
a) made to an advocate or notary or, in any other province, a barrister or solicitor who is representing the Client.
b) for the purpose of collecting a debt owed by the Client to UNI Data Inc.
c) required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with rules of court relating to the production of records.
d) made to a government institution or part of a government institution that has made a request for the information, identified its lawful authority to obtain the information and indicated that:
i. it suspects that the information relates to national security, the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs,
ii. the information is requested for the purpose of enforcing any law of Canada, a province or a foreign jurisdiction, carrying out an investigation relating to the enforcement of any such law or gathering intelligence for the purpose of enforcing any such law, or
iii. the information is requested for the purpose of administering any law of Canada or a province.
e) made on the initiative of UNI Data to an investigative body, a government institution or a part of a government institution that:
i. has reasonable grounds to believe that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada, a province or a foreign jurisdiction that has been, is being or is about to be committed, or
ii. suspects that the information relates to a national security, the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs;
iii. was made to a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual and, if the individual whom the information is about is alive, UNI Data Inc. will inform that individual in writing without delay of the disclosure.